"Ignorance of Scripture is ignorance of Christ." - Jerome

Friday, March 20, 2009

Good Book with a tricky but good concept

I have read much of this book by Presbyterian W. David Buschart. I really love it. It is a much needed work in some circles. He is attempting to forge a way where Christians can dialog, and work together without going lite and fluffy with their doctrine and theology. The idea, Practice "Theological Hospitality". He explores the major Protestant traditions and finds something to love in each of them. In the last chapter he also discusses the highs and lows of each tradition and I agree with his conclusions on each of the traditions. I also got a chuckle out of the fact that he did not subject his own Reformed tradition to the treatment. However just seeing value in other traditions from Anabaptist to Anglican shows the right spirit so I let him off the hook there. I might have added that there is value in both confessional and non-confessional traditions perhaps, and some other stuff. But all in all not many could have done better.


1 comment:

A said...

that's funny that he didn't include the Reformed Tradition.