"Ignorance of Scripture is ignorance of Christ." - Jerome

Tuesday, January 05, 2016

PCA and Race: Reflective Reviews of Books

 "A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion." -Proverbs 18:2


Over the next few weeks and months, I intent to write and explore what I have been studying over the past few months on the topic of race. I have refrained from interacting and sharing my opinion for the reason of the above proverb. I sought understanding, not opinion. The books I read come from various perspectives and were recommended to me from those of a variety of perspectives on race. I do not offer these books as endorsements, but to share what I have read and gained, what was helpful and what was not. I pray it is helpful for your own pursuits, especially if this is discovered by other PCA Teaching Elders preparing for the next General Assembly.

Take and read with understanding.

-Teaching Elder Jared Nelson

No comments: