"Ignorance of Scripture is ignorance of Christ." - Jerome

Monday, August 24, 2009

Reformed Spirituality


Here I will link to my treatments of the subject of Reformed Spirituality. This started out as a short-lived class (the first three were taught), then turned into my own attempt to keep thinking and writing on the topic. My grand ending was to be on the subject of prayer and it as the continuing discipline of spiritual growth. But I am still learning. So this series is not finished, as I am still struggling with the final part of my study.

1. Introduction: What is Reformed Spirituality?

2. Theology of the Heart: Man and Sin
(Reflection on Job 14 and a Fallen world)

3. Our Mystical Salvation: Union with Christ
Part 1: Answering the Problem of Sin
Part 2: Salvation in Christ
(Reflection: Justification, Sanctification and Adoption)

4. Overcoming Sin
The context of Spiritual Formation: The Church
The Ordinary Means of Grace:
Continuing: Prayer...

No comments: