"Ignorance of Scripture is ignorance of Christ." - Jerome

Friday, July 18, 2008

My soul is satified to know, His Love can never fail



The best hymns teach us. What is the ground of our assurance? Our ability to work or believe? How about:

His Love can Never Fail
by E.S. Hall

1. I do not ask to see the way
My feet will have to tread;

But only that my soul may feed
Upon the living Bread.
'Tis better far that I should walk
By faith close to His side;
I may not know the way I go,
But oh, I know my Guide.

2. And if my feet would go astray,
They cannot, for I know
That Jesus guides my falt'ring steps,

As joyfully I go.
And tho' I may not see His face,
My faith is strong and clear,
That in each hour of sore distress
My Savior will be near.


3. I will not fear, tho' darkness come
Abroad o'er all the land,
If I may only feel the touch
Of His own loving hand.
And tho' I tremble when I think
How weak I am, and frail,
My soul is satisfied to know
His love can never fail.

No comments: