"Ignorance of Scripture is ignorance of Christ." - Jerome

Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Pearl


I was just thinking of how interesting it was that Boris Yeltsin had a full Orthodox funeral when I saw the same observation here on The Corner. Communism tore down churches and turned others into public rest rooms. Today the country is in need of rebirth as desperation, alcoholism and suicide are all out of control. May the Lord have mercy on Russia and indeed help “the Russians find the pearl that was viciously taken from them”.

1 comment:

Jared Nelson said...

I've always had a soft spot for the Orthodox Church. They have the cool things about Catholicism *mystery, majesty of God) without all the Pope nonesense. I might be visiting an Orthodox service this Sunday just for the fun of it. The preceding sentence reveals I indeed am a theological nerd.