"Ignorance of Scripture is ignorance of Christ." - Jerome

Friday, September 08, 2006

The Pope and ID


A honest debate on intelligent design is something I would love to see. I love that the Pope is considering this. I love science and all it has to offer, no doubt. But it seems so many in science have such an narrow view. Do I really have to only think thoughts that are empirical? Should I (or can I) really live on science alone? My soul cries out for something more, but not less. So let's debate and explore the origins of the universe on scientific and philosophic and whatever grounds we can find to search out the questions of life. Peter Kreeft has some good arguments here that while I do not buy into all of them are certainly worth exploring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Pope just fired a shot across the bow of Islam.