"Ignorance of Scripture is ignorance of Christ." - Jerome

Thursday, March 16, 2006

What happened to books?



A friend sent me this story. I suppose he found it provocative or something. All I could write was:

"How times have changed. Once "great authors" and "important people" wrote of current events in the medium of a book (i.e. Burke vs the French Revolution). But alas all the great men of this age can muster is a ramble at the Academy Awards or a cliche filled Editorial to the Tribune. When Keillor fills up 2 pages in Bartlett's with his Current Affairs wisdom, perhaps I will turn my head:

http://www.bartleby.com/100/276.html "

UPDATE: I guess I should try and establish Burke as a theologian to justify writing about him here so here's a random Burke thought on Religion: "Religion is essentially the art and the theory of the remaking of man. Man is not a finished creation."

1 comment:

Aaron said...

With Garrison Keillor against Bush it must all be falling apart. I heard my share of him on the way to Florida one summer. Let's just say it was a long trip! But I seemed to get a lot of sleep. He is not near as exciting as perhaps listening to "The Institutes" by John Calvin on tape.